Monday, February 17, 2020

Ruth's Takeover!!!

Ruths Amazing story talk


On Februray 3, 2020 Ruth Miller takeover had just start. She had come to visit my Beyond the Grave class. Miller is a public historian and storyteller. She shared her tour guide and public speaker discoveries to us and it was really intresting . Miller is a certified tour guide for the City of Charleston. she wrote about to 7 to 8 books. That you can find here on her wonderful website. She mentions the "Winners write history books." While Miller was talking to my Beyond the Grave class she told me so many things about Charleston that I did not know at all. One thing that stood out to me when she was telling us about"Charleston is that Charleston population was actually mostly African Americans." I thought that was cool because they never tell you that in history class in high school.
This picture is me and Ruth Miller after she had just
finish talking to our class. I had to get a picture with because I just enjoyed it so much.




My favorite part of her presentation was when we got to do this activite where we had to identify what each tombstone shading she gave us. She told us that each tombstone desgin in her own words " Tell so us much about the person like if they are poor, rich, disabled, or is married. This was my favorite because I like hands on activities. 
This was one of the tombstone shading she gave my group. This is Samuel "Goat " Smalls
He was a disable black man who is most famous for writing a novel Porgy
That later became the only Oprea to be made and from United States.
Overall I really love Miller because she just birghten up the room and kept my attention with her wonderful stoires and her knowlodge. She was just amazing and I'm grateful for her coming to my class and teaching us so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment