Monday, February 17, 2020

First Scots Presbyterian Church Impression

The church my teammates and I chose was First Scots Presbyterian Church. This church is located on 53 Meeting Street in Charleston, SC. My teammates Jeff and Patrick and I chose this church because  of the location which is very nearby and the we enjoyed the beauty of the big church on the corner of the street.
This is First Scots Church entrance.
As shown in the photo above, The church was founded in 1731 by Caledonia immigrants. During this time, 12 Scottish families also held their first congragations here. The church was built in 1813 by Scottish Brothers John and James Gordon. According to research, my team and I believe that the church has been rebuilt since it was first founded.

One thing we found very unique about this church was the two bell towers. In research, we saw that the two bells were donated to the military during war.

Below are a few pictures of inside the church and the gravyard.



No comments:

Post a Comment